Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dear Friday


 Dear Friday
Friday, Friday, what it is about you? 
What is it that makes you such a better day
 Than all those other bitter days?
Especially Monday
That decrepit thieving day   
There’s something enchanting about your dastardly week-ending ways
You bring one chapter of my life to an end
And breathe new life into the next
Dear Friday
What is it about your endearing knack for hiding from me
For longer than any other day of the week? 
They all fly by except you, dear Friday
They all have a faster approach than you, dear Friday
4, 11, 18, 25
They're too far apart on my schedule
What is it about your column on my calendar that always awakens a count-down within me?
I await you’re arrival
You come
Then you go
But today you’re here, Dear Friday
Finally
And still it’s only the AM part of you
The cruelest part of you
Because your leisure time treasure trove that I plunder each week
Is yet out of reach for me
But oh, the PM part of you!
The part that exacts your ruthless wrath on my alarm clock while I snore with glee!
The part that gives entry to your kindhearted cohort
Saturday and his friend Sunday
Without you, there’d be no them
That wonderful weekend tandem
Dear Friday
So, I’ll try to enjoy you while you’re here
‘Cause those other days
The weaker week days
They creep up on me
Pushing you aside so carelessly
But they’re just jealous
Because they know that when I’m with them
I’m thinking of you
And counting the days until you’ll be back
Same time next week
Dear Friday

No comments: